Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What it Shakes Out to Be

Here are some fun facts about the cross-stitch:

  • To date, I've worked on it for 72 Days.
  • I put in an average of 4 hours on the cross-stitch per day (even with a day off here and there.)
  • That adds up to 288 hours of stitching time, or 12 days of my life.
  • Cross-Stitch Lady is paying me $200.00 to complete this project.
  • So far, I have earned 69 cents per stitching-hour.
Other fun facts:

  • I am not quite halfway finished.
  • My optometrist recently diagnosed me with severely dry eyes, most likely due to not blinking enough while stitching.
  • The visit to the optometrist cost me $100.00
  • Since this dryness problem is most likely caused by the cross-stitch, that reduces my net income to 34.5 cents an hour.
  • If I keep at this rate of completion, I will put in almost another 300 hours, so my net income per hour will wind up being around 16 cents an hour.

Tell me, is this worth it??

No comments:

Post a Comment