Friday, January 9, 2009

Antique Silver vs. Rye Beige, and a Date with my Seam Ripper


Total Time Spent Last Week: A hour or so here and there.
Total Time Spent Today: 2 hours, 15 minutes.

Miss Stitch is back from her vacation and is needing to jump full-swing back into this project. I managed to work for a good chunk this morning, but then I went grocery shopping because we needed milk and picked up our checks because we got paid today and deposited them because we need money and cooked dinner because it's my night.

So I didn't get to work on it much for the rest of the day.

When I did sit down with it, I spent most of the time working on correcting a serious mistake I made yesterday while we were driving the last leg of our journey. Somewhere along the Ohio Turnpike I felt confident enough to get the project out and start a new color. I matched the symbol with the color name and read "Antique Silver." I admit that it sounded a bit too familiar of a name for a color I hadn't used yet, but I shrugged it off thinking I had just noticed it when buying the colors, one month ago yesterday.

I stitched away happily as Andrew drove, and finished all that I could see within the area of the hoop.

This morning, when I sit down to return the remaining thread to its designated plastic bag, I noticed the words "Rye Beige" next to the symbol I'd done yesterday in the car. Antique Silver was just above it, and it was next to a symbol I HAD done before, which is why it was so familiar! I had misread the reference sheet and now had Antique Silver in places it did not belong.

This is a big problem in the teeny tiny world that is this cross stitch. In the actual world that we all live in, Antique Silver vs. Rye Beige is a teeny tiny problem that affects no one else but me. I understand its teeny tiny place in my life. Still, I was a bit reluctant to get out my seam ripper (a newly acquired tool thanks to my mom) and remove all the teeny tiny miss-placed Antique Silvers I'd worked on yesterday. It took me about an hour, and then I followed it up with threading my needle with Rye Beige and filling up all the teeny tiny spaces again.

When it was all said and done, I couldn't deny that Rye Beige did look a lot better there than Antique Silver.

I'm glad to be back. Really, I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment