Saturday, January 17, 2009

I Did It.

Total Time Spent on the Cross-Stitch: All the live-long day.

Seriously. I began at nine this morning and worked all day long. I didn't take a break to vacuum, I had to force myself to stop and eat and still it took me until 1:15 a.m. to finish the inside of that darn hoop. I'm telling you: I could have taken a lot of short cuts towards the end and believe me, I wanted to, but I didn't want to compromise my personal integrity on a few lazily-placed stitches. Plus, I have a feeling that this is a lady who knows her cross-stitch. She would take one look at the little boy on his knees and see a miss-placed Cinnamon Beige. After all I'm already pouring into this, I want it to be as good as it can be.

The hoop is now realigned to work on the second fifth of the project. I was so excited to move the hoop to a new place that I forgot to take a picture of the freshly finished inner-circle. It looks just like the example to the right, amazingly enough.

I'm going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment