Thursday, January 29, 2009

No Stitch for Miss Stitch

I didn't necessarily intend to take a break from the project today, but I have not stitched one bit!

Granted, I spent the first eight hours doing more orientation at my new job (today we did aggression management training! I now feel fairly confident to get out of just about any choke-hold), but something else kept me from keeping up with the project once I got home: The tetanus shot.

It was my final vaccination and fifth stick of a needle in a week. That's more than I have had in years. (I only cried once: after the flu shot.) The aide sent me home with several Tylenol, stressing the importance of taking one every four hours. Well, despite my compliance, my stitching arm has been sore and achy ever since. It's actually pretty uncomfortable, so rather than putting myself through the agony of stitching on an arm full of nasty-bits that my body is learning to fight off, I plan to sleep it off and give it a go tomorrow!

Till then!

No comments:

Post a Comment