Friday, December 26, 2008

37 Days Left and I Have a Strategy!


Total Time Spent on Project: 6 Hours 10 minutes

I didn't do a whole lot else today, clearly. Though I did make a quick trip to the after-Christmas sale at Macy's to hopefully get a deal I couldn't refuse on a winter coat I'd been eying. (I got it!) The rest of the day I feverishly tried to make some serious progress on this thing. Comparing the pictures from yesterday to today, what do you think? Does it look like I spent over six hours on it?

Truly, as much as I do (miraculously) enjoy this, my greatest frustration is how little I have to show for so much time. I'll be honest with you: I would have thought I'd see a lot more stuff on that aida fabric after spending all day on it. It's getting to the point where I have had to devise a completion strategy in order to pace myself to the end. My goal is to finish the entire inside of the hoop by January first. That way, I can spend one week on each of the four corners and hopefully (hopefully!) hand the finished project to the cross-stitch lady sometime around the first of February.

The hope of actually getting done on time fuels me.

No comments:

Post a Comment