Monday, December 22, 2008

41 Days Left and an Email from the Lady Who Hired Me


Total Hours Worked: 6 hours 10 minutes.

Today was great for progress! I sat in my Grandmother's rocking chair for a full four hours this morning before going into Hershey for the show. I was pretty squirrelly when I got to the theater, which isn't too much of a surprise since I sat in one place for so long. Thank goodness I got to tap dance in a Santa suit! That's just the ticket when I have some extra energy.

A friend of ours is spending the night tonight so we watched a movie while I stitched the whole time. It's a bit dangerous to try and split my mind on the project and something else. I've already learned that it can slow things down considerably when I get distracted and need to backtrack a few (or several) stitches.

When I got up this morning I had an email from the lady who hired me to do this. It was a simple one-liner: "Just checking on how the progress is going. Merry Christmas." I sent her an honest reply, citing my general enjoyment of the project, but still curious as to whether or not the deadline is realistic. Tonight, she replied with this: "Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate your hard work. Merry Christmas! "

Merry Christmas to you, too, Cross-Stitch Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment